Monday, September 5, 2016

We're Pregnant! :)

Hello from a land just over the land down under (work)! I have been awaking every morning here with great intentions of entering a post. With that being said I find myself crashing out as soon as I get out of the sweltering heat and to my air conditioned room to sit on my bed for "just a minute". Time change + jungle heat= exhaustion!
As I lay on my bed now and think back over the past few days/weeks/months and years I feel very fortunate to be where I am today. The gravity of the last few days has really made me think about my life and now our lives as a growing little family.
I look back to the times in the past where I didn't know if a wife, a child, or even a family was in my future. All of these things I had always strived for and the stars just had never lined up for me. For anyone that knows me, I have a very hard time being down or discouraged too long. I felt that there were more lessons to be learned or experiences to have to make me the best person I could be for the right young lady.
Then one summer night while hanging out with Beau, Erin came along and changed my life. I knew she was the one when I first saw her and I thought to myself - this is what I've been waiting for, and in a snap it all made sense. She's beautiful, kind, intelligent and only like a 4 to 5 crazy! She was in the wife zone haha! If you've made it this far in our blog then you know the rest of the story!! I can't express how she and the girls have changed my world and I couldn't imagine my life in any other way. They've shown me what life is and what is important. They have accepted me into their lives and loved me, I'm forever grateful to be a part of their busy lives.
As in Erin's previous post the last few days before I left there were some tense feelings. Every morning, Erin would wake up and check her phone immediately looking for any messages from B. The first few mornings after we got back she'd scan her phone, and then ask me "you get any messages from Bridget?" She was wound tighter than 2 dollar watch. When we finally got the message, I was so happy I don't really have words to describe the feeling. Amazing, excited, thrilled, scared, blessed and a million other adjectives all in one second. I'll never forget that moment as long as I live.  All of EVERYTHING we had worked so hard for, so diligently, with nothing guaranteed had came to a pinnacle outside of Fergus High School. Who would've thought? Life is crazy, in every way and I love the feeling of a dream coming true! That's what makes life worth living to me. What a day!
I came to work and started on my first day 9/1 in PNG and also Livvys birthday! Well to be honest it was still August in the U.S. but for me it was Livs day! Erin sent me a text at 6:45 a.m. saying exactly this-
"We are OFFICIALLT pregnant at 2:43 August 31st!  ��"
Looks like she was so excited her phone couldn't keep up with her texting speed! So everyone, it's official. I couldn't be more happy and more blessed. I can't wait to see what our future holds. Well bye for now, and thanks for reading my entry.
Erin- feel free to edit any spelling or grammar errors. I had to type this on my phone:( love you babe

Erin:

Cody this made me laugh so hard!  Cody is the master of finding funny YouTube videos.  I am a 4-5 crazy.  I'll take it!  :)  We are pregnant and SO excited!! 

XO
E



No comments:

Post a Comment