Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Welcome Home Party (A day late...)

We had a welcome home party for Cody last night with our family and some of our friends.  It was fun for Cody to share photos and stories of his first Papua New Guinea experience.  Both of Cody's parents, his sister and her family (our newest niece Everleigh is 3 weeks old!) and my Mom were able to come over.  We have so many new things happening here every day.

We purchased our plane tickets for our trip to Seattle next week, one GIANT step closer.  This picture is from yesterday when we had 12 days left...only 11 now.  :)  Bridget is such a trooper, she is on a lot of hormones to prepare for transfer and she's starting to get have some side effects.  Imagine...large doses of estrogen, daily.  As she says though, it's nothing she can't handle.  She has another ultrasound on Thursday that will give us a great preview into our schedule of events next week. 

I have to include that I had my first "Are you pregnant?" question by a friend today!!  NOT QUITE YET...hopefully in a few days though!  ;)  I did also explain our situation and how excited we are for this journey.  I'm expecting this question often in the next year, and I'll welcome it every time.

2 comments:

  1. What an honor it is to be part of this exciting journey with you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete